Adult Mental Health Awareness – Half-Day Course
Also available as an online course, the Adult Mental Health Awareness half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
The half day course is ideal for individuals and line managers who want to have a greater understanding of mental health and supporting mental health in the workplace, or for those who want to know whether they should carry out further training as a an Adult MHFA Champion or Adult Mental Health First Aider.
On this course you will learn
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Programme & topics covered
The course is run over four hours, including a 15 minute break.
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- My Mental Health Toolkit
Courses are held at The Safety Centre in Milton Keynes, at Kent’s Hill Conference Centre in Milton Keynes, or at your own business premises for larger groups. To find out more about the venue, and facilities available, please have a look at our venues page.
For Courses held at the Kent’s Hill Conference Centre, the course fee also includes use of Kents Hill Park’s Nuffield Health run Sports and Leisure Complex on the days of the course: just let the receptionist at Swallow House know that you would like to use the complex.