Adult Mental Health First Aid one day course
The Adult MHFA One Day course qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
The one day course is ideal for those who want the basic skills to help others experiencing mental health problems and to increase mental wellbeing in the workplace, but who do not want to commit to the Adult MHFA Two Day course.
On this course you will learn
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- The ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing.
Programme & topics covered
The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 with a 45 minute break for lunch, and a 15 minute break in each session.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the MHFA action plan: ALGEE
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning
Courses are held at The Safety Centre in Milton Keynes, at Kent’s Hill Conference Centre in Milton Keynes, or at your own business premises for larger groups. To find out more about the venue, and facilities available, please have a look at our venues page.
For Courses held at the Kent’s Hill Conference Centre, the course fee also includes use of Kents Hill Park’s Nuffield Health run Sports and Leisure Complex on the days of the course: just let the receptionist at Swallow House know that you would like to use the complex.