Adult Mental Health First Aid two day course
Also available as an online course, the Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as an Adult Mental Health First Aider.
The two-day course is ideal for those who want a thorough grounding in Mental Health First Aid, who want the confidence of having studied the topic in greater depth than the one day course, and who want to have more time to put the skills taught into practical scenarios.
On this course you will learn
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Programme & topics covered
The course starts at 9:00 each day and finishes at 17:00 with a 45 minute break for lunch, and a 15 minute break in each session.
Day 1 – Session 1
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental health
Day 1 – Session 2
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- First aid for depression
Day 2 – Session 3
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
Day 2 – Session 4
- MHFA action planning
Courses are held at The Safety Centre in Milton Keynes, at Kent’s Hill Conference Centre in Milton Keynes, or at your own business premises for larger groups. To find out more about the venue, and facilities available, please have a look at our venues page.
For Courses held at the Kent’s Hill Conference Centre, the course fee also includes use of Kents Hill Park’s Nuffield Health run Sports and Leisure Complex on the days of the course: just let the receptionist at Swallow House know that you would like to use the complex.