Paediatric First Aid Two-Day Course
This two-day Paediatric First Aid course has been designed for those who are working with children and infants. It is of particular interest to teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for welfare in an early years setting.
This two-day level 3 first aid course is designed for those who have an interest in child and baby Basic Life Support governed by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) or OFSTED, and covers all that is needed for someone to provide emergency first aid support in a workplace (or domestic) setting until professional help arrives, and deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
On this course you will learn
- The importance of managing an emergency incident effectively
- How to recognise life-threatening injuries
- How to contact the emergency services
- How to provide emergency aid until professional help arrives
- How to deal with a range of minor injuries and childhood illnesses
- Responsibilities of a paediatric first aider in a workplace setting
Programme & topics covered
The course is run over two days, seven hours each day (including lunch and tea breaks).
- Role of a paediatric first aider
- Communication & casualty care
- Incident management
- First aid kits
- Primary survey (child/baby)
- Unresponsive child/baby
- Secondary survey
- Seizures & infantile
- Choking (child/baby)
- Child/baby resuscitation
- Bleeding (minor & major)
- Burns & scalds
- Strains & sprains
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Sickle cell disease
- Extremes of heat & cold
- Eye injuries
Courses are held at The Safety Centre in Milton Keynes, at Kent’s Hill Conference Centre in Milton Keynes, or at your own business premises for larger groups. To find out more about the venue, and facilities available, please have a look at our venues page.
For Courses held at the Kent’s Hill Conference Centre, the course fee also includes use of Kents Hill Park’s Nuffield Health run Sports and Leisure Complex on the days of the course: just let the receptionist at Swallow House know that you would like to use the complex.